Saturday, May 14, 2011

First solo tours!

Yesterday I had my first solo tour, in English. I had two German ladies and two ladies from Paris. They were all very nice and the French ladies even tipped me a bit! In 20 minutes I have my first solo Italian tour and I'm freaking out a bit. But soon it will be over and then a great weekend lies ahead! Tonight we're going to an inauguration of a fountain by Daniel Buren, and then we're spending the night at Miranda's place in Prato so we can easily hop on the train to Florence tomorrow.

Everything else here is great... enjoying being able to step outside and pick some lemons and basil for dinner each night. Enjoying the fact that the forecast has continually called for rain but we haven't seen a drop. Even enjoying my 5 5L jug of wine.

I've also just booked a trip to Split, Croatia for the beginning of June and I'm SO EXCITED! I found an amazing-looking hostel called Golly-Bossy Design Hostel. Check out their pictures... so cool! I've also tried to book a 35 flight to Barcelona for the end of June, but, long story short, I don't think my transaction went through and RyanAir makes it literally impossible to contact them. I'll wait and see if it shows up on my visa bill, and if not then I'll do something else.

Time for Italian tour! Ciao ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment