Monday, May 9, 2011

First Glimpse of Pistoia


So Pistoia's pretty great... definitely better than I had expected! We didn't think there would be much going on on a Sunday, but in fact several places were open, and the central piazza was quite abuzz with some sort of performance going on (including some talented teenage dancers, some hilarious kids performing an epically dramatic number from Cats, and a very cool group of drummers). The market also had quite a few stalls, and I'll probably go back soon to buy some pesto and olio di pepperoncino (spicy oil).

The visit to Pistoia was also my first chance to get a nostalgic glimpse of Italian guys... unfortunately I wasn't prepared with a snappy Italian response to "I'd like a piece of that". Next time...

We only spent about 2 hours there, and I'm excited to go back and explore more... fortunately the bus wasn't difficult at all. But now back to the work week.

Below are some Pistoia pics. Enjoy!








I'm not quite sure what they put in Italian Chupa Chups... looks intense!

No comments:

Post a Comment