Friday, May 20, 2011

The Cuz Does Celle and Florence

David and I at Piazzale Michelangelo

Hung out with my cousin from Scotland some more the last two days. Yesterday he came for a tour with a group of Germans from an art association. They were awesome and the tour was enjoyed by all. Afterwards, David Katie and I went for some chocolate cake and cookies and stuff from the chocolate shop next door. Then today David and I went to Florence and we managed to do the "Duncan Tour" (if you know my family and our concise, speedy ways, you'll understand). I showed him the San Lorenzo market, Piazza Duomo, Piazza Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, we had lunch in Piazza Santo Spirito, went to see the view from Piazzale Michelangelo, went to see Piazza Santa Croce, had best gelato ever at Vivoli, and had a bottle of wine on the Terrazza of the Rinascente (Florence secret... ask me about it if you're ever in town). Now I'm exhausted and need a shower, so ciao tutti.

David on tour of Gori Collection

View of Villa Celle from the Chocolate Shop, Rosso e Nero

My dessert from Rosso e Nero. That's right. I got cake AND a cookie.

David's cake from Rosso e Nero

Katie's cake from Rosso e Nero

Graffiti near San Lorenzo, Florence

David's pasta "with prawn sauce" at Piazza Santo Spirito

My ravioli with crumbled almond biscotti and ribbons of dried salted beef at Santo Spirito
 
Santa Croce

No comments:

Post a Comment