Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First Night

From the hall, looking through the kitchen to the bedroom

I made it! And it's beautiful! Above and below are some pictures of my apartment (which I'll be sharing with the other intern who arrives today) and our lovely view. I slept like a log after watching some episodes of 30 rock and Parks and Rec that I had downloaded to my computer before leaving, and now I feel quite refreshed. Unfortunately there was no hot water, but the plumber is fixing it now so I'll have a much needed shower tonight.

Once I arrived around 3pm yesterday I was able to settle in with my things and come to the office to use the wifi (oh glorious wifi!). Then, since I hadn't had a chance to get into town for groceries yet, I was able to come to the main house and the very sweet housekeepers, Elena and Lily, fed me very well, and then sent me back to the apartment (about  15 second walk from the main house) with some household staples (cleaning rags, dish soap, olive oil, and red wine).

More pics to come when I've seen more of this incredible property :)

My bed :)

View from apartment

Cute little kitchen

Bedroom

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! This looks so authentic and amazing! Love it. Can't wait to come visit you :)

    - Stace

    ReplyDelete