Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Italy, Sickness, and PhotoShoots



So apparently I have less than 2 weeks left here! I can't believe how quickly this summer has gone! Fortunately I have some awesome travel plans for after my internship, so the fun doesn't end just yet.

The last few days were kind of a bummer for me. I've had a really bad cold. Yesterday was the worst. I hadn't slept the night before due to congestion, and I was certifiably insane and delirious. No fun. It sucked for Katie too because she had to listen to my nose blowing and sneezing and sniffing. And I had to ask her to take my tour yesterday morning. Her ingenuity totally saved me last night though. In the afternoon she said "Ally, maybe you should have a glass of wine before bed", to which I responded "that is the best idea I've ever heard". So at 10pm we settled into bed to watch Arthur (good movie by the way) and I had 3 glasses of red wine. Passed out within 30 minutes. Slept for 7 hours straight. Magic.

Speaking of movies, we also watched Source Code which was surprisingly good. And we watched the entire Human Planet series. If you haven't seen it, you should.

Anyways, I felt a million times better today and went in at 9:30am to do my tour. Now, I don't know if I've explained the Italian mentality about sickness yet, but let me do it now. Italians are ridiculous about sickness! I've been sick twice this summer, the first time with a stomach bug, this time with a cold. Both times I felt pretty crappy for a day or two, but neither has been a huge deal. All I need is some extra sleep and water. But Signor Gori and everyone else here essentially had me written off as dead as soon as they heard I was sick. Today when I showed up, he was like "Why are you here?? I'll call in a doctor!! Don't do your tour!" and I had to explain that "no really, I feel great.. It was just a cold....". It was the same thing the other time I got sick. When I showed up at the office to check my email, they looked like they were seeing a ghost. "How are you here?? Go home!! We're going to call you a doctor!".

Hilarious.

Anyways, not much else is new here. I'm dreading thinking about packing. It's not like I've really bought much, it's just that I had a lot of things to start with. Tonight we're going for our last grocery trip of the summer. I'm really excited. I've been out of yogurt for the last few days and I want to eat as much amazing european yogurt as possible before I go home. If you want to make a lot of money, produce coconut yogurt with crunchy chocolate balls in it, and then sell it in north america. I'll buy all of it.

On Sunday Katie and I went outside at sunset to do a mini photoshoot in front of our apartment and in the vineyard. Below are some of the pictures we got. Enjoy.











1 comment:

  1. I know this may sound weird, but the pictures you took of the grapes were quite amazing. you have obvious talent!

    ReplyDelete