Friday, July 29, 2011

Birthday Bash

Patrizia & the pyrotechnics atop her cake


Last night was the big birthday party for Signor Gori's daughter Patrizia who turned 60. There were about 80 people in attendance and it was a spectacular night! Apertivos were served by a small lake / large pond on the property. Then dinner was served at tables set up behind the villa. Unfortunately the meal was heavy on the seafood, which I'm not a huge fan of, so I missed out a bit. But what I did have was excellent. The first course was ricotta and spinach gnudi with a sauce of either lobster or crab (I couldn't tell which). Next was linguini in a tomato sauce that tasted to me like it had a bit of orange in it, which was a neat flavour addition. Next was tuna steak, which looked perfectly done, but I didn't try it. Last was dessert, which was millefoglie (crispy, flaky pastry layers with cream in between). They also served little creamy desserts in shot glasses during dancing, and those were incredible. I probably had more than I should have...

Then everybody danced until 2:30 am. I had to stop after a while, and got severely out-danced by all the 60 year olds (especially the birthday girl). My feet are in agony today... partly because of the heels I wore for the first half of the night, and partly because I was dancing outside barefoot for the second half of the night.

Today is just a relaxing day at the office. I officially have nothing to eat, so I'm going to go into Florence after work to grab some dinner and something I can have for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. Tonight is my last night sleeping at Celle!

Signor Gori & the birthday girl, Patrizia

Millefoglie for dessert

Patrizia and her younger sister, Stefania

Me, sweaty after dancing, and Anna, Stefania's oldest daughter

Dinner setup behind the villa, plus live music

No comments:

Post a Comment