Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Turning Point

I've decided it's time for another required post... the topic: Turning Point.

I'm essentially using this post as an announcement that I've decided I'm going to hold myself accountable for seeing as much as possible while I'm here. The last time I was in Italy a few years ago, I barely left Florence (except for a couple day trips to Chianti, Siena, Pisa, and a weekend in Rome) because it was just too stifling hot to get up the energy to go further afield. As a result, I passed on trips to Cinque Terre and Venice.

This time, I've also been sticking fairly close to my home base in Pistoia, as it is very remote here and takes quite a bit of time and effort to get anywhere. Although I have gotten away a few times, so far to Croatia, Florence, Rome, Viareggio and Lucca, I have decided that from this point onwards I'm going to make the effort to see as many places as possible (as soon as possible... the deadly weather is imminent!).

The next couple weekends I'm going to make it my mission to get to Bologna, Parma, and possibly Perugia (although the train schedule to Perugia will make it a bit of a hassle). By the end of July I aim to have made it to Venice and Cinque Terre. Then in August I'll be able to knock Palermo and Milan off my list!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, best of luck with the travel resolution! I needs me one of those - been in Australia for over a year and the farthest afield I've gotten from Melbourne is Kangaroo Island in South Australia! :s

    ReplyDelete