Sunday, June 26, 2011

All Dressed Up and Nowhere to go...

What a frustrating day! So it's Sunday, AKA my only day off, and I had grandiose dreams of taking the train to Bologna 1.5 hours away and sightseeing for the day, like I mentioned in my recent blog post where I talked about how I plan to use all my free time from now on seeing new cities. So I wake up early, straighten my hair, walk 15 minutes down the driveway, wait 20 minutes for the bus to Pistoia, walk 15 minutes to the train station, and discover that all the trains are cancelled. Thanks TrenItalia. God forbid you post that information on your website so maybe I would have found out this morning when I checked the schedule rather than after an epic journey to the station. Katie's bummed out too... she was supposed to take the train into Florence for lunch with a family friend.

So there goes my plan for the day of walking around beautiful Bologna, getting great pictures, eating great food... Instead, my day will now involve watching the second half of season 3 of Battlestar Galactica, arguing with Katie about who's hotter, Anders or Adama (Anders... duh), and eating whatever we can find in our bare cupboards (looks like we've got red wine, white wine, cookies, and mini pepperoni sticks). I've included some images below to illustrate the situation.

All dressed up and ready to head out to Bologna!
What my day has become...

No comments:

Post a Comment