Monday, June 27, 2011

A Lesson Learned

So I've been trying to decide for a while what I should write for my required post titled "A Lesson Learned". Naturally I have lots to choose from, mostly having to do with going out, interacting with certain types of people, having an effective buddy system... but I'm sure my parents don't want to hear about that.

So instead I want to share a valuable little factoid I've learned this week that may be useful for many of the other interns to know. I've been finding that when I give tours the morning after having some wine or beer that I get absolutely eaten alive by mosquitoes, when normally I get through the tour with little more than a bite or two. I did a little research and found this study that confirms that yes, there is a definite correlation between alcohol consumption and mosquito attraction. So all you interns in countries where mosquito-born diseases are a real threat, double up on the bug spray after a night of being festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment